(All fields required)
Please enter a valid email.
Please enter your name.
What is : (So we know you are human.)
Please supply the correct answer.
Cincinnati Children's Hospital and observership director Shital N Parikh, MD, offer the Pediatric Orthopaedic International Observership Program. The goal of the program is to encourage pediatric orthopaedic educational experience for surgeons from developing countries.
Two observers will be selected for each academic year. The duration of the observership is 3 months.
Please Note: This is an observational experience only and observers are NOT permitted to touch patients or equipment at anytime.
Interested applicants should email their CV and a personal statement to Janis Messer, Janis.Messer@cchmc.org
1. Hostel accommodation (next to the hospital) for 3 months
2. Meal vouchers for 3 months
3. Transportation from and to the airport
4. IPOS Meeting travel expenses
5. Certification: Observer would receive a certificate of completion at the end of observership
1. Air travel and Visa-related expenses
2. IPOS Meeting registration (Applicants are encouraged to apply for scholarship)
3. Health insurance to be purchased from home country
4. All additional expenses at the IPOS conference (food, transportation, etc.) No option for reimbursement on these is available.
1. Observer would be required to participate in educational conferences and didactic lectures
2. Observer would be required to attend clinic to observe patients
3. Observer would be required to attend the Operating Room to observe surgery
4. Observer would get access to Cincinnati Children's and Orthopaedic Library
3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229-3026 | 1-513-636-4200 | 1-800-344-2462 | TTY:1-513-636-4900
New to Cincinnati Children’s or live outside of the Tristate area? 1-877-881-8479
© 1999-2016 Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center. All rights reserved.