Adalimumab (Humira®) is used to reduce a substance in the body that can cause inflammation.
- Refrigerate / protect from light
- Make sure the medicine is clear and colorless before using
- Check the expiration date
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible, then resume a normal schedule of every 2 weeks
- Warm the medicine to room temperature for 30-60 minutes before giving the injection
To make the injection more comfortable:
- Put ice on the skin where you will be giving the injection -- this will help numb the area
- Check with your doctor about getting a prescription for numbing medicine. The medicine is put on the skin 30 minutes before giving the injection
- Give the injection slowly.