2014 Advanced Practice Provider Pediatric Neurosurgery Conference
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center takes pride in its Neurology and Neurosurgery program for its quality and innovative patient care as well as it excellent patient outcomes. In fact, the program has been ranked by US News and World Report to be the number four program in the country. The department would like to share its best practices by sponsoring The 1st Annual Advanced Practice Provider Pediatric Neurosurgery Conference. The current state of pediatric neurosurgery will be presented by faculty and advanced practice providers of the organization.
- Discuss current surgical interventions for a wide ranfe of neurological disorders.
- Discuss current research and its role in generating innovations and in improving outcomes for the patient with a neurosurgical disorder.
- Describe the role of the Advanced Practice Provider in the perioperative management of patients with neurosurgical disorders.
- Perform shunt taps, suturing and device programmng through simulation.
Course content will be presented through presentations, case studies, panel discussions and simulations requiring the learner to take an active role in knowledge acquisition.
This conference is intended for Advanced Practice Registered Nurses and Physician Assistants caring for patients with neurosurgical disorders. Physicians and nurses who are part of the healthcare team involved in the management of these patients would also benefit from the program.
Francesco T. Mangano, DO, FACOS
Director, Division of Pediatric Neurosurgery
Co-Director, Epilepsy Surgery Program
Associate Professor, University of Cincinnati Department of Surgery
All registration and payment done online! It’s fast, easy and convenient. Go to: www.cincinnatichildrens.org/ed/cme/ce-calendar.htm
We accept the following types of payment online:
- VISA, MasterCard, or American Express
- eCheck (Electronic Check): With eCheck you can pay using your checking account online. It’s safe and secure! Select the first option “Online Credit Card Payment or Electronic Check Payment” and follow the onscreen directions.
- Included with registration is a wine and hors d'oeuvres reception at the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens on Thursday evening. Guests may enjoy an all access pass to the Zoo and Botanical Gardens featuring the largest tulip display in the Midwest and an open air concert http://cincinnatizoo.org/events/tunes-blooms/
Download a copy of the brochure in pdf format.
Download a copy of the participant materials in pdf format.
Registration deadline: April 3, 2014. Please reserve your spot early. Confirmations will be emailed. No refunds but substitutions are permitted.
This program has been reviewed and is approved for a maximum of 13.00 hours of AAPA Category 1 CME credit by the Physician Assistant Review Panel. Physician assistants should claim only those hours actually spent participating in the CME activity. This program was planned in accordance with AAPA's CME Standards for Live Programs and for Commercial Support of Live Programs.