Division Data Summary
Research and Training Details
|Number of Faculty||10|
|Number of Support Personnel||36|
|Peer Reviewed Publications||5|
Clinical Activities and Training
|Number of Clinical Staff||1|
|Number of Clinical Students||10|
Row 1: A Matusak, M Dock, R Campbell
Row 2: S Wilson, W Fye, A Kamp, E Turner
International Sedation Conference
Stephen Wilson, DMD, PhD, MA, director, Division of Dentistry, was one of four invited pediatric dentists from the United States to participate in an international conference on pediatric dentistry held at the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh, Scotland. He and his British colleague Marie Hosey presented summary information on differences of sedation techniques, settings, and procedural events between the two countries.
Wilson is internationally known for his contributions to the field of procedural sedation in dentistry and was a principal writer of the current guidelines on pediatric procedural sedation, “Guideline for Monitoring and Management of Pediatric Patients During and After Sedation for Diagnostic and Therapeutic Procedures” sponsored by the AAP and the AAPD. The advanced pediatric dentistry training program at Cincinnati Children’s is recognized amongst pediatric dentistry training programs in the United States as a leader in sedation training.
Wilson has contributed significantly to the literature on pediatric sedation for dental care. Recently, the program began a collaborative effort with the Division of Anesthesiology in providing intravenous sedation of patients to supplement its well-known reputation for doing oral sedations for the delivery of dental restorative procedures. The Division of Dentistry is one of a handful of training programs in the states offering these types of experiences for their residents.
Faculty, Staff, and Trainees
- Stephen Wilson, DMD, MA, PhD, Professor
- Leadership Division Director
- Jennifer Blakely, DDS, Instructor
- Richard Campbell, DMD, MS, Assistant Professor
- Leadership Director of Orthodontics
- Murray Dock, DDS, MSD, Associate Professor
- William Fye, DDS, Assistant Professor
- Leadership Director Off Campus Offices
- William Greenhill, DMD, Assistant Professor
- Anthony Kamp, DMD, Associate Professor
- AnnMarie Matusak, DDS, MSD, Assistant Professor
- James Steiner, DDS, Professor Emeritus
- Erwin Turner, DMD, Professor
- Leadership Residency Program Director
- Cara Corning, DDS, PL-2, University of Tennessee
- Jennifer Fountain, DDS, PL-2, University of the Pacific
- Kira McCoy, DDS, PL-2, Indiana University
- Lisa Rudolph, DMD, PL-2, University of Arizona
- Danen Sjostrom, DDS, PL-2, Ohio State University
- Laura Battaglia, DMD, PL-1, University of Pennsylvania
- Richard Frye, DMD, PL-1, Medical University of South Carolina
- Scott Papineau, DDS, PL-1, Indiana University
- Fatima Pimentel, DMD, PL-1, University of Nevada
- Ellen Travis, DMD, PL-1, University of Kentucky
- Craniofacial Anomalies Team/Genetics » Howard Saal, M.D. and
- Dental residents and Faculty participate in this multidisciplinary clinic designed to evaluate patients for treatment.
- Hematology » Ralph Gruppo, M.D.
- Dental residents perform patient evaluations as part of this Hemophilia clinic.
- Dermatology/EB clinic »
- Dental residents offer dental evaluations and treatment for EB patients as part of this multidisciplinary clinic.
- Oral Surgery » Depak Krishnan and Frederick Steinbeck, M.D.
- Patient evaluation and treatment is coordinated with Oral Surgery in both the clinic and OR settings.
- Anesthesia/Pain Service » Senthilkumar Sadhasivam, M.D.
- Provide anesthesia services for IV sedation cases in the dental clinic.
- Emergency Medicine » Joe Luria, M.D.
- Pediatric dentistry residents provide oral health care consultation and treatment to the Emergency Department 24/7. The majority of consults and treatment are related to oro-facial trauma and significant odontogenic infections.
- Gerenal Pediatrics »
- Pediatric dentistry residents provide oral health care consultation and associated treatment to the Pediatrics Department 24/7. The consults involve both in-patient and out-patient referrals. Additionally, the Pediatrics Department provides didactic presentations for the pediatric dentistry residents. The majority of consults are related to oro-facial trauma, significant odontogenic infections, and oral health issues accompanying or possibly affecting the general care of children with significant involvement of other systems.