Division Data Summary
Research and Training Details
|Number of Faculty||2|
|Number of Support Personnel||7|
|Peer Reviewed Publications||2|
Clinical Activities and Training
|Number of Clinical Staff||8|
|Number of Clinical Students||7|
A Lucky, K Shah
Pigmented Lesion Center Launched
We launched the new Pigmented Lesion Center, which is comprised of an intra-disciplinary group of physicians from Dermatology, Pediatric General Surgery, Pediatric Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Pediatric Oncology. All specialize in the evaluation and treatment of congenital melanocytic nevi (moles), atypical melanocytic tumors, and melanoma.
In Room Registration Begins
We have implemented a new in- room registration process which allows patients to be taken directly back to their exam room and be registered. Our new in-room process has greatly improved the flow in clinic and has eliminated excessive waiting room time.
First Fellow Recruited to New Program
We implemented our pediatric dermatology fellowship program and are training our first fellow this year. The one-year fellowship, approved by the American Board of Dermatology, aims to train physicians in all aspects of pediatric dermatology, including clinical care, research, scholarly activity, resident and medical student education, and administration and office management.
A graduate of this program will be capable of providing specialized outpatient care and inpatient consultative services for children with skin disorders.
Pediatric Dermatology Publications
Faculty, Staff, and Trainees
- Kara Shah, MD, PhD, Associate Professor
- Leadership Division Chief
- Research Interests atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, genetic skin diseases (genodermatosis), hemangiomas and vascular malformations, neonatal dermatology, cutaneous lymphoma, hair and nail disorders, moles and pigmented lesions
- Anne Lucky, MD, Adjunct
- Leadership Volunteer Professor
- Research Interests Pediatric Dermatology
Clinical Staff Members
- Katharine Bloomfield, RN, Registered Nurse
- Ann Borrego, MA
- Tricia Brichler, RN, Registered Nurse
- Victoria Gatherwright, MA
- Susan MacPherson, MSN, PNP-BC, Nurse Practitioner
- Leigh Ann Pansch, MSN, FNP-BC, Nurse Practitioner
- Deborah Reese-Baker, RN
- Kathy Schibler, MSN, FNP-BC
- Tina Smithmeyer, MA
- Lindsey Wright , MSN, FNP-BC
- Genetics; Dermatology » T. Andrew Burrow MD, FAAP, FACMG and Kara Shah, MD, PhD
- Genodermatosis Clinic- A comprehensive multidisciplinary evaluation and management for children and adults with known or suspected genetic disorders that have genetic and dermatologic involvement.
- Allery; Anesthesia; Social Work; Behavioral Medicine and Clinical Psychology; Dermatology » Amal Assa'Ad, MD, John Rose, MD, Kenneth Goldschneider, MD, Karl von Tiehl, MD, Michelle Lierl, MD, Jessica Kichler, PhD, Sandra Cortina, PhD, Alexandra Szabova, MD, Kami Hines, LSW, and Kara Shah, MD, PhD
- The Eczema Center - Treating the whole child by taking a collaborative, patient centered approach to the care and treatment of your child's eczema. Our goal is to provide you and your child with a comprehensive evaluation and treatment plan; and a caring and supportive team of physicians, nurses, and care coordinators in order to ensure that your child receives the best care available for their eczema.
- Human Genetics; Neurology; Gastroenterology; Endocrinology; Neurosurgery; Cardiothoracic Surgery; Cardiology; Opthalmology; Pathology; Orthopaedics; Radiology; Dermatology; Plastic Surgery; Pediatric Hematology / Oncology; Otolaryngology; Pediatric Surgery » Anne W. Lucky, MD, Kara Shah, MD, PhD, David A. Billmire, MD, FACS, FAAP, Ravindhra G. Elluru, MD, PhD, A. Roshni Dasgupta, MD, Adrienne M. Hammill, MD, PhD, Richard G. Azizkhan, MD, Denise M. Adams, MD, Christopher B. Gordon, MD, Erin A. Mundt, MS, CGC, Robert J. Hopkin, MD, Mary Sutton, MD, Ajay Kaul, MBBS, MD, Meilan M. Rutter, MD, Kerry R. Crone, MD, Peter B. Manning, MD, Russel Hirsch, MD, Michael B. Yang, MD, Anita Gupta, MD, Joel I. Sorger, MD, James J. McCarthy, MD, William S. Ball, MD, Manish N. Patel, DO, and Todd Abruzzo, MD
- The Hemangioma and Vascular Malformation Program at Cincinnati Children's offers a multidisciplinary approach and expert assessment for patients with a complex and wide-ranging group of conditions ranging from uncomplicated vascular lesions to much more serious vascular tumors and malformations.