(All fields required)
Please enter a valid email.
Please enter your name.
The Lenti-shRNA Library Core offers two services for researchers at Cincinnati Children’s and UC. Investigators may request single genes, or small groups of genes, or may request the whole library for use in HTS.
Clones in glycerol format will still be available for both human and mouse libraries. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Cost (per shRNA) Glycerol stock: $25 Plasmid DNA: $40 Lentivirus: $80 / 300 µl
$20,000 for entire library (20µl / clone)
Download a sample HTS grant application.
Currently, the mouse library is available arrayed in 96- or 384-well plates. The full human library, pooled library and custom arrays will be available in the future.
Upon purchase of the library, the core directors will aid the investigator in screen design.
Design1) Select cell type.Cells should feature high infectivity, yet be amendable to functional assay.
2) Conduct thorough viral titering to evaluate infectivity. The Lenti-shRNA Library Core provides test plates free with purchase of the library.
3) Choose a reliable and reproducible assay, functional screen or reporter-based screen.The screen must be compatible with HTS.
4) Design the initial screen to maximize hit-rateRun test plates and evaluate the detection threshold
5) Minimize false negatives and eliminate false positives Include assay-specific positive and negative controls
6) Pre-determine secondary and tertiary screens to validate positive hits
7) Perform a small pilot screen for final validation
Use Investigators may screen in their own labs using applicable detection systems, or can work with the UC Drug Discovery Center for robotic-based screening. Download the Drug Discovery Center pamphlet for more information.
3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229-3026 | 1-513-636-4200 | 1-800-344-2462 | TTY:1-513-636-4900
New to Cincinnati Children’s or live outside of the Tristate area? 1-877-881-8479
© 1999-2014 Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center