Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) Database
What is the purpose of this study?
The purpose of this study is to create an electronic database of patients with the diagnosis of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) so that they may be a resource of patients to contact for clinical trials of new medicines. If you agree to participate, you will be contacted about these trials and it will be your choice whether or not to participate.
The database will provide research doctors with appropriate study patients, and provide SLE patients with the opportunity to participate in studies of new treatments for SLE, if they desire.
Who can participate?
Subjects will be recruited for participation from outpatient clinics of 3 Cincinnati-area hospitals, and multiple Cincinnati-area adult rheumatology practices.
What is involved?
- Patient demographic information (name, date of birth, address, phone number)
- Patient clinical information (from medical record)
- Questionnaires filled out by treating physician
- Questionnaires filled out by patients (15 to 20 minutes of time, can be completed in waiting area before appointment)
- Results from certain standard blood tests will be collected if rheumatologist requires test. No blood tests are required for study participation.
Study data will be collected from the regular rheumatology appointment, approximately every three months.
Who should I contact for more information?
For more information about this study, please contact Kasha Wiley at 513-803-2118.