ACNS0822: A Randomized Phase II/III Study of Vorinostat (IND# 71976) and Local Irradiation OR Temozolomide and Local Irradiation OR Bevacizumab (IND# 7921) and Local Irradiation Followed by Maintenance Bevacizumab and Temozolomide in Children With Newly Diagnosed High-Grade Gliomas
What is the purpose of this study?
This randomized phase II/III trial is studying vorinostat, temozolomide, or bevacizumab to see how well they work compared with each other when given together with radiation therapy followed by bevacizumab and temozolomide in treating young patients with newly diagnosed high-grade glioma.
Who can participate?
Newly diagnosed high-grade glioma
- Anaplastic astrocytoma
- Glioblastoma multiforme
- Primary spinal cord malignant glioma allowed
- No oligodendroglioma or oligoastrocytoma
- Patient must have histological verification of diagnosis
- No M+ disease ( defined as evidence of neuraxis dissemination)
- No positive CSF cytology
- Cancer - Brain and Spinal Tumors
Who should I contact for more information?
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
Division of Hematology/Oncology
3333 Burnet Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45229-3039
Where can I find additional information?