1. Complete the application and essay and return by mail, or e-mail attachment, by the March 17, 2017, deadline. For mailed applications, this is a postmark deadline. E-mailed applications must be received by March 17, 2017. We are unable to accept hand-delivered applications.
2. Request two confidential recommendations from teachers and/or a counselor, including at least one from a science teacher. Recommendations must be submitted directly by the recommender or your high school office by the March 17 postmark deadline in a sealed envelope signed across the flap by the recommender. We prefer that transcripts and recommendations be mailed together if possible.
Please complete the first part of each recommendation form for your recommenders. They may complete the form or attach a separate letter. Be sure to let them know if they should return the recommendation to the school office or mail it themselves. Please provide them with an envelope (stamped and addressed if they will mail directly; otherwise, please label with your name and the program name).
3. Arrange for an official transcript to be mailed by the March 17, 2017, postmark deadline. We prefer that the recommendations and transcript be mailed together if possible.
4. Approximately 10 applicants will be invited for 30-minute personal interviews in April.
5. Successful applicants will be notified by May 8, 2017.
Send all completed application materials to:
Summer for Sickle Cell Science Program
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
Attn: Kristie Gilb
3333 Burnet Avenue, MLC 7013
Cincinnati, OH 45229