Cincinnati Children's Employees Test Positive for COVID-19
Thursday, April 02, 2020
At Cincinnati Children’s, the safety of our employees, patients and families is our top priority. We can confirm that employees at Cincinnati Children’s have tested positive for COVID-19. In accordance with CDC and public health guidance, following the diagnosis of an employee, we conduct a contact investigation. Those identified as potentially at risk are notified and given guidance on next steps.
Protected health information does not allow us to provide any further information. But, what we can tell you is that we have numerous safety measures in place to help promote the safety of our employees, patients and families and prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus. Those include:
- Screening employees and visitors to prevent symptomatic people from entering our facilities.
- Testing patients and employees based on CDC guidelines.
- Enforcing social distancing throughout our facilities.
- Temporarily restricting research except for critical activities, except for research into COVID-19.
- Requiring employees who are sick to stay home and encouraging those who can work from home to do so.
We are working closely with public health authorities to continuously monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact in our region. We continue to adapt our practices and policies as needed to continue to create the safest possible environment.
All Cincinnati Children's Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources