Children with special healthcare needs often require specialized medical care and supports. The more you understand, the more confident you will feel in seeking the supports you need from your healthcare providers, family and community.
We provide information to support your child’s medical needs:
- Alphabetic Listing of Condition-Specific Web Resources: Find local and national websites that provide an explanation of your child’s condition and connect to resources.
- Developmental Disabilities: Agencies are available to help qualified children and adults with developmental disabilities reach their full potential through individualized supports and programs
- Mental Health & Behavior: We provide information about mental health supports and case management agencies.
- Dental Care: We provide suggestions for places to get help if you have a dental emergency, cannot afford a dentist or lack dental insurance.
- Therapy: Find information about occupational, physical and speech-language therapy.
- Alternative Medicine: Treatments used in addition to traditional medicine include complementary, integrative or alternative medicine.
- Clinical Trials: Research trials can offer hope, but also have risks and specific participation requirements.
- Hospice and Palliative Care, Grief Resources: Programs and supports are available to help address issues causing physical or emotional pain or suffering.
- Medical Transportation: Resources are available that can assist with transportation to and from medical appointments.