Learn more about family-centered rounds from these references and online resources suggested by Cincinnati Children’s:
- Mittal VS, Sigrest T, Ottolini MC, Rauch D, Lin H, Kit B, Landrigan CP, Flores G. Family-Centered Rounds on Pediatric Wards: A PRIS Network Survey of US and Canadian Hospitalists. Peds. 2010. 126: 37-43.
- Williams KN, Ramani S, Fraser B, Orlander JD. Improving bedside teaching: findings from a focus group study of learners. AcadMed. 2008. 83(3):257-264.
- Sisterhen LL, Blaszak RT, Woods MB, Smith CC. Defining family centered rounds. Teach Learn Med. 2007. 19(3):319-322.
- Meuthing, SE, Kotagal UR, Schoettker PJ, Gonzalez del Ray J, DeWitt TG. Family centered bedside rounds: a new approach to patient care and teaching. Peds. 2007. 119-829-832 (doi:10.1542/peds.206-2528).
- Fletcher KE, Furney SL, Stern DT. Patients speak: what’s really important about bedside interactions with physician teams. Teach Learn Med. 2007. 19(2):120-127.