Our facility can rapidly process fresh tissue samples and handle short term storage for research repositories. We can also pull from large, pre-existing sample collections including tissues and DNA. We facilitate sample collection from clinical lab and anatomical pathology, and also provide support for sample collection for the study of rare genetic disorders (trio studies).
Our services include:
- Biospecimen storage (available at -20°C, -80°C, and LN2)
- Preparation of "kits" for sample collection and shipping
- Automated DNA/RNA extraction from blood, saliva, tissue and other materials
- SNP testing using Fluidigm EP1 HX
- Biofluid collection, processing and storage
- Tissue collection, processing and storage
Please note: processing can be done by the Biobank or the Pathology Research Core Facility.