Brachial Plexus Center
First Annual Family Event
Saturday, June 1, 2013
We are excited to host our first annual Cincinnati Children’s Brachial Plexus family event. This one-day event will be held at the YMCA, Camp Kern, north of Cincinnati. (Find directions at the bottom of this page.)
This event is for families actively receiving care through Cincinnati Children’s Brachial Plexus Center. Please register by Friday, May 10, to participate.
Family Day Schedule:
9:30 am: Registration begins. Other groups will be on-site so please come directly to the Schiewetz Assembly Hall to register, obtain a group wrist band, and sign a YMCA waiver. We will provide raffle tickets for a chance to win gift baskets and a ticket for each participant to receive a free icy from Kona Ice.
10 am-2 pm: Face painting, clowns, craft activities, and yard games at Assembly Hall
10 am-noon: Manicures provided by Polished Girlz (Polishedgirlz.org)
10 am-4 pm: Camp activities included (It is expected that all children be accompanied by an adult):
- Hike: Choose from the many trails on YMCA Camp Kern’s 485 acres
- Pete’s Tower: Climb the 45’ observation tower overlooking the Little Miami River
- Mini Mineshaft: Ride the 30’ slide down the hillside ... great fun for all ages!
- Nature Center: Visit fish, turtles, snakes and Iggy, the resident iguana
- Fishing at Optimist Pond or Elk Lake: Bring your fishing pole to camp and have some fun with “catch and release” fishing.
- Tire Swing Zip line: Take a turn riding the always popular mini zip line.
- John White Mound: Crawl through the series of tunnels to the other side of the mound
- Disc Golf: Bring a flying disc with you and try all 18 holes of the course around camp
- Basketball, Gaga Ball and Soccer
Noon: Lunch will be served (grilled hamburgers/hot dogs, salads, cookies, lemonade, sodas, or water)
12:30 pm: Raffle drawing
1-4 pm: Swimming pool open (life guards will be on duty)
3 pm: Afternoon snack available (chips, fruit, drinks)
4:30 pm: End of a fun-filled day