What will happen in the study?
This study involves two visits: a screening visit and a testing visit. Each visit will last about 3 hours.
Here are some of the things that will happen during the study:
- Complete a health questionnaire
- Have a clinical exam, including a facial/dental exam and answer questions about your medical history
- Complete questionnaires to help us better understand your personality, how you cope with problems, and how you feel about yourself
- Have short assessments about how your body feels pain and your sensitivity to different stimuli such as hot and cold sensations, pressure, etc.
- Be asked to wear a watch-like device on your wrist for 7 days that measures activity and sleep
- Complete a daily diary about your sleep and symptoms you might feel during the day
- Submit a urine sample, if you are female
- Submit blood samples
- Complete a weekly health survey for 3 months
You will be given a consent form that thoroughly explains all of the details of the study. A member of the study staff will review the consent form with you and will be sure that all of your questions are answered.