What will happen in the study?
If you qualify and you decide to be in this study, you will be given a dose of norovirus to drink in a cup of water. You will be admitted to our inpatient research unit for up to 6 days and watched closely to see if you become ill. If you become ill, you will be cared for by our study staff and doctors at no cost to you.
Here are the other things that will happen in this study.
- Be asked about your medical history
- Have a physical exam
- Give samples of your blood, urine, saliva and stool
- Be asked to record the medicines you take, changes in your health, pregnancy, and medical visits after you leave the inpatient unit
- Come in for 5 follow-up study visits where you will bring in a stool sample
- Complete a final study contact
You will be given a consent form and a handout that details the study and payment. A member of the study staff will review the consent form with you and will be sure that all of your questions are answered.
Will you/your child be paid to be in this research study?
Participants may receive up to $2000 for their time and effort.