What will happen in the study?
This study involves up to 3 vaccinations and up to 9 clinic visits during a 13-month period. Here are some of the things that will happen in this study:
- Be asked about your health and any medicines you take
- Have a physical exam including temperature, blood pressure, height and weight measurements
- Have a blood draw at most visits
- If female, have pregnancy testing (if you are able to have children)
- Receive either 2 study vaccines and the seasonal flu vaccine or just the seasonal flu vaccine (decided by chance – like flipping a coin)
- Complete a memory aid for 7 days after you receive each of the vaccine doses to record your temperature and any symptoms
You will be given a consent form and study handout that gives details of the study. A member of the study staff will review the consent form with you and answer all of your questions.