What will happen in the study?
This study involves a screening visit and an MRI visit. A detailed list of procedures will be provided to those interested in knowing more about this study. Here are some of the procedures:
Participants will be asked to:
- Complete a migraine and health form
- Fill out questionnaires to help us understand your personality, how you cope with problems, and how you feel about yourself
- Wear a watch-like device on your wrist before the MRI visit
- Complete a daily diary about sleep and daily symptoms
- Have an MRI scan on the second visit which will last about 1 hour
- Complete quarterly (every 3 months) assessments after the MRI scan
Parents interested in having their child or teen participate will be given a consent form that thoroughly explains all of the details of the study. A member of the study staff will review the consent form with you and will be sure that all of your questions are answered.
What are the good things that can happen from this research?
Participants will not receive a direct medical benefit from taking part in this study. However, when we complete the study, we hope that we will know more about migraines and sleep. This information could help children and teens with migraines and other chronic pain conditions in the future.