The Cincinnati Children's Diabetes Center is offering the following 2020 education program:
Virtual Diabetes Management for School Nurses Conference
- Date: Wednesday, August 12, 2020
- Time: 1:00 – 5:15 p.m.
- Fee: $30.00
- Platform: Zoom
- Continuing Education: Continuing Nursing Education and General Attendance Credit
- Review type 1 and type 2 diabetes and medications used to manage diabetes in pediatrics.
- Discuss the importance of monitoring blood glucose at school and considerations for the school nurse.
- Describe acute complications related to type 1 diabetes.
- Review continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion (CSII) pump therapy and continuous glucose monitoring (CGM).
- Discuss the impact of psychosocial issues related to the management of a child with diabetes.