A Full Spectrum of Prenatal and Postnatal Treatment Options
Once doctors at the Cincinnati Children's Fetal Care Center confirm a fetal diagnosis, we work with you and your obstetrician or maternal-fetal specialist to develop a treatment plan that addresses both your and your baby’s needs in a comprehensive manner. Our treatment plan may include treatment during pregnancy, during delivery and after your child is born. Fetal treatment can involve prenatal management, drug therapy or preventive therapies, including fetal surgery if necessary.
You are a key part of this planning process. Our physicians and specialists provide you with all the information available about the diagnosis, treatment options, risks and potential long-term outcomes. You have the right to choose the course of treatment that is best for you, and our team includes social workers, genetic counselors and pastoral care specialists who support you during the decision-making process. Thanks to the breadth of our three-hospital collaboration, we will give you the options and tools to make confident, educated decisions about your treatment plan.
The Fetal Care Center offers the most current diagnostic capabilities and complete spectrum of treatment options to enhance the survival and long-term quality of life for patients.
- High-risk pregnancy management
- Genetic and prenatal counseling
- Management of fetal arrhythmias
- Preventive therapies
- Intrauterine transfusion
- Fetal shunt therapy
Fetal Surgical Interventions
- Minimally invasive fetoscopic surgery
- Selective fetal laser procedures
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Cardiac procedures
- Open fetal surgery for rare and life-threatening conditions
- Ex-utero intrapartum treatment (EXIT) procedures
Postnatal Care and Follow-Up After Surgery
- Perinatal and postnatal management
- Full spectrum of neonatal surgery
- Level IV and Level III newborn intensive care units (NICUs)
- Pediatric follow-up care