The Heart Transplant Program at Cincinnati Children’s has grown steadily since 2010 and is one of the larger volume pediatric programs in the United States with outstanding outcomes. This larger volume translates to the experience of our physicians and clinicians in helping managing patient care and surgical performance.
Here are some of the reasons why our patients choose us for their care:
Experience & Capabilities
- Our specialists have a wealth of training and experience in complex cardiac care including heart failure, mechanical circulatory support and heart transplantation.
- We have the experience and capability of performing and caring for transplant patients from infancy to young adulthood
Outcomes & Success Measures
- We have performed more the 90 heart transplants in the program’s history.
- Our program has a 95-100 percent one-year survival rate. (Survival rate 2009-2011 Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients).
- We use outcomes-focused clinical care and research to optimize survival and quality of life. An example of this is an initiative to prevent transplant complications using cutting edge technologies to detect for harmful antibodies.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked Cincinnati Children’s among the best heart care and heart surgery programs in the nation in the 2020-21 guide to Best Children's Hospitals.