At the Hemophilia Center at Cincinnati Children’s, patients and families benefit from our extensive Factor Program. This program provides quality supplies and personalized services to help patients and families manage hemophilia using factor replacement therapy at home. Factor replacement therapy involves injecting clotting factors into the blood to prevent bleeding.
Nurse coordinators work closely with families and the Factor Program staff to ensure convenient, cost-effective service. The staff consists of a registered pharmacist in the hospital’s Home Care Pharmacy, a financial counselor and customer service personnel.
Factor Program services include:
- Home delivery of supplies, such as needles and factor concentrates for infusion
- Cost-effective dose management
- Financial counseling and assistance in handling insurance claims
- Round-the-clock availability
- Safe disposal of needles
- Travel packs for use when out of town