Forensic psychiatry is the legal application of psychiatry. It's applying psychiatry to the law in order to provide expert opinions in court. This includes evaluations rather than treatment.
Why Choose Us
The Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Cincinnati Children's is able to provide comprehensive psychiatric evaluations for the courts in a timely fashion. Our forensic psychiatry evaluations will include psychological testing when necessary.
We are able to provide appropriate psychiatric treatment referrals and disposition recommendations and our services are offered on an outpatient basis which significantly reduces the cost. Evaluations can be administered on location or in our outpatient offices at Cincinnati Children's.
We will provide expert opinions for the courts regarding:
- Competency to Stand Trial
- Risk Assessment
- Diagnosis and Treatment Recommendations(Including Medications)
- Treatment Amenability and Prognosis
- Medical Issues that Impact Behavior
- Assessment of Sexual Offenders
- Other Civil and Criminal Court Evaluations
Forensic Psychiatric Services
3333 Burnet Avenue, MLC 3015
Cincinnati, OH 45229-3039