3-Year-Olds Oral Health Checklist
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and the Division of Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center provide the following advice for the oral health of 3-year-olds.
- Your child should have 20 baby teeth.
- Limit sodas, juice and drinks containing caffeine.
- Encourage milk and water for drinking.
- Limit snacking between meals.
- Brush teeth twice a day with a pea-sized amount of toothpaste containing fluoride unless advised otherwise by your dentist.
- Floss every day.
- Examine your child's teeth.
- Have regular dental check-ups.