- Before giving your child any type of medicine, double check the dose to make sure it is the correct amount.
- Keep all medicine stored out of reach and in a locked cabinet or drawer to prevent any accidental ingestions.
- Never confuse your child by calling medicine “candy.”
- Keep products in their original containers.
- Always read the label before using any product.
Note: Grandparents’ and other family members’ medicine can also be harmful. Make sure all visitors keep medicine out of reach.