Earn CE Credits Online!
Who We Are
The Center for Professional Excellence / Education at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center exists to develop, present and / or support educational opportunities and services that enhance the ability of our customers to deliver high-quality pediatric care. Services that we offer include:
- Patient Services Orientation -- A program for new employees working within the Patient Services Department. The goal is to provide employees with awareness of the responsibility of their role in relation to the team and care of the patient / family using the Institute of Medicine Interprofessional Competencies and the Interprofessional Practice Model as a guide.
- Preceptor Program -- This workshop is for clinicians from any discipline that are interested in learning about the role of the preceptor, and desire to apply various tools & resources for that role . The class covers application of concepts such as adult learning, goal setting & evaluation, and providing effective performance feedback to the orientee/student.
- Continuing Education - Educational programming designed to meet continuing education requirements for clinical staff. We are an approved provider of nursing contact hours.
- Consultation with Department and Unit Level Educators
- Safe Sitter Program -- a medically oriented instructional series that teaches youngsters how to handle emergencies when caring for younger children. The goal of Safe Sitter is to prepare adolescents for babysitting and to reduce the number of accidental and preventable deaths among children being care for by babysitters. The child must be 11 to 13 years of age to take the course. Safe Sitter classes are generally offered Summer through early Fall. It costs $40 to enroll in the class.
2014 Safe Sitter Schedule
|June ||4, 9, 18, 25 |
|July ||2, 9, 21, 30 |
|August ||6 |
*Classes run from 7:45am-2:30pm. To register for a class call 513-636-4232 or by email us at email@example.com. When sending an email in the subject line put "Safe Sitter" and the date you are interested in. Example; Safe Sitter - June 4, 2014.
- Discussions in Delegation -- designed to clarify the Ohio Board of Nursing Standards and Rules on delegation as they relate to providers of nursing care, as well as enhance the ability of nurses to delegate nursing care to unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP).
- Nursing Grand Rounds -- This is a monthly one-hour program presented by the Center for Professional Excellence/Education, the Nursing Education Council and the Cincinnati Children's Patient Services Division. Nursing Grand Rounds highlights current topics of interest to pediatric nurses and is offered as a live event the 2nd Wednesday of Every Month at our Main Campus location. It is also available as an online Independent Study program that is open to the public and accessible for one year from the live date of the program. Our category "A" Law programs are accessible online for two years.
- Educator Boot Camp-- Educator Boot Camp is a full day of orientation for new staff development educators which is held three times yearly. With the focus on principles of adult learning, use of the ADDIE model, and roles of educators, experienced staff development experts share the basics of staff development to prepare new educators for their important role in staff education.
- Educator Field Tactics -- Educator Field Tactics is a series of one hour classes to support lifelong learning for all interdisciplinary staff development educators. The topics are timely, applicable to all clinical settings, and offer opportunities for group problem solving and networking with peers
- APN Education Series - is designed for the advanced practice nurse with prescriptive authority. Ohio Law and Rules for APNs is an AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ event that is offered once a year as a live course and as an Independent Study program.
- RN Residency Programs - Cincinnati Children's offers two RN Residency programs to meet the needs of all newly hired RNs.
- UHC/AACN Residency - the goal of this program is to enable the new graduate nurse the ability to transition from advanced beginner nurse to competent professional nurse in the clinical environment.
- Transitioning Experienced Registered Nurse (TERN) Residency - assists the newly hired experienced RN in obtaining the knowledge/skills/behaviors related to development of the CCHMC direct care RN.
- Student Services -- partners with affiliated colleges and universities for student experiences and faculty resources within the Division of Patient Services. Coordinates the Job Shadow Program that is offered April to December each year to high school Juniors & Seniors considering a career in healthcare.
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center (OH-046, 9-1-2015) is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation (OBN-001-91).
Who Are Our Customers
The Center for Professional Excellence / Education at Cincinnati Children's provide educational events to interdisciplinary employees within the Patient Services Department.
Many of the classes offered by the Center for Professional Excellence / Education office at Cincinnati Children's are also open to community health care professionals.
For more information please email The Center for Professional Excellence/Education firstname.lastname@example.org.