Things you can do during your maternity leave to prepare:
- Breastfeed exclusively eight to 12 times per 24 hours.
- Practice expressing milk using a quality breast pump.
- Begin storing milk in the freezer.
- Consider a gradual return to work. (Return to work on a Thursday to have a weekend to adjust or take off one day mid-week for a few weeks.)
- Review available options for onsite day care or bringing your infant to work.
- Consider appropriate places to express milk at work.
- Introduce a bottle to baby sometime after his or her first month of life.