As a pediatrician, I practice in general pediatrics and adolescent medicine. I have a special interest in children with cholesterol disorders. With each patient and family, I strive to treat them the way I would want to be treated.
Working with children and partnering with other professionals who choose to work with children was an excellent fit with my career interests and passions. I love the practice of medicine and don’t view my work with children and their families as a job. It is truly a calling and an opportunity to remain humble in the face of stated and unstated needs of the people I serve.
I have been honored to receive the following recognitions and awards:
- Phi Beta Kappa in undergraduate school
- Chapter Excellence Award from the American Academy of Pediatrics (2002)
- Legion of Merit Award for culmination of service in the United States Air Force (2002)
- Outstanding MBA Graduate, Raj Soin College of Business (2006)
- Delta Omega honorary award for public health academic excellence (2009)
- Alpha Omega Alpha (2016)
In my free time, I serve on several national boards, volunteer locally as a server for community meals for the underserved and oversee financial matters at my church. I’m also a precinct official during elections, and I walk or row 5000 meters a day. I speak several languages and love to learn new ones. I have a passion for reading history, especially stories of people who faced and overcame challenges and adversity in their times.