As a social worker, I care for youths and young adults with eating disorders. I use a specific process known as Eating Disorder Therapy. I believe that youths are our future, and I want to be a part of helping each of them realize all of their dreams and goals.
I have always wanted to help others and have been practicing social work since 1994. Over the years, I have worked in the substance-use disorder field, foster care and adoption, academia and medical social work.
I practice family-based treatment helping the entire family support the young person in recovery. It’s a joy and privilege to work with youths and families, and I value this work.
With eating disorders, I want to engage all family members and return the youth to a healthy weight. I’m also interested in eating disorders within subgroups such as substance-use disorders and LGBTQ populations.
I’ve been honored to receive the following awards and nominations:
- 2019 Ann Brandner nominee
- 2019 Compassionate Caregiver Honorable Mention – Schwartz Center for Compassionate Healthcare
- 2019 ATM Values Award Winner
- 2009 LEAD Clermont County Graduate
- 2003 Children’s Protective Services (State of Ohio) Children’s Services Supervisor of the Year
In my spare time, I enjoy being with my family. I like to play with my children at home, take walks, catch up on sleep and have long conversations. My favorite hobbies are reading and meditating.