New Ways to Give to Patients during the Holidays at Cincinnati Children’s
Toy drop-offs no longer accepted at the hospital due to COVID-19
Friday, October 30, 2020
Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center has created new ways for donors to make an impact for patients of all ages in the hospital during the holidays. It’s called the Holiday Bundle Campaign, which provides online options to give since the hospital is not accepting in-person donations this year due to COVID-19.
“We understand the joy that comes with giving gifts in-person and that this is a big change for people who have traditionally shopped for toys and dropped them off at the hospital. After careful consideration we decided this is the best way for everyone, including our patients and families, to stay safe and healthy during the holiday season,” said Eileen Clark, clinical director of Child Life and Integrative Care at Cincinnati Children’s.
New this year, the hospital has created age-specific holiday bundles for donors to choose from online starting at $25 and up. Child Life care team members will then purchase and distribute the toys to our patients throughout the holiday season.
Here are examples of the bundles:
- Beaming Baby Bundle: For newborn to 2, includes a variety of baby items and toys
- Toddler Trinkets and Playful Preschool Pack: For ages 2 to 5, includes a variety of age-appropriate learning toys and books
- Spectacular School Age Sack: For ages 6 to 11, includes a variety of crafts, toys and activities
- Terrific Teen and Young Adult Treasures: For ages 12 and up, includes a variety of teen-friendly activities and games
- Soothing Sensory Specials: For children of all ages with sensory challenges, includes a variety of items that provide sensory stimulation through touch, sight and sound
There are also ways to learn more about hosting a holiday toy drive with family, friends and co-workers. Another option is the Cincinnati Children’s Amazon Wish List.