Providing a safe, healthy and secure environment for everyone, including patients, visitors, employees and others who enter our facilities, is of utmost importance to Cincinnati Children’s. The medical center prohibits any person, including someone who has a concealed carry weapon permit, from carrying a handgun or other deadly weapon onto the property of any Cincinnati Children’s facility. Only law enforcement officers are exempt from this policy.
Those who violate this weapons policy or refuse to consent to a search or cooperate in an investigation may be immediately removed from Cincinnati Children’s premises.
Anyone with an urgent concern regarding an act of violence or a threat of violence should immediately call:
- Burnet Campus: 513-636-4204
- Liberty Campus: 513-803-9604
- College Hill Campus: 513-636-4204
- 911 in an emergency situation
Please also help us maintain a safe environment at Cincinnati Children’s by observing other policies:
- No smoking
- No open flames
- No latex balloons; you may bring mylar balloons
- In the intensive care units, no flowers, food or drinks in patient rooms
- All electric items you bring to the hospital, such as your laptop, hair dryer or curling iron, must be checked for electrical safety by our Clinical Engineering department. Your nurse will contact Clinical Engineering for you.
Procedures Overnight (8:30 pm–5:45 am)
- If you arrive at the hospital after 8:30 pm, enter through Location B. Other doors are locked.
- Elevators to the patient floors and entrances to inpatient units are locked at 8:30 pm.
- Security officers at the Welcome Centers control elevator access to the patient floors.
- When you arrive on the floor, use the courtesy phone to reach the health unit coordinator, who can admit you to the unit.