The Family Resource Center is your first place to turn to learn about children’s health conditions and community resources. Our caring, professional staff listen to your needs and offer up-to-date, educational information about health conditions, as well as helpful resources available in the community.
We can answer questions about hospital services, area support groups, parenting classes and more. We have a variety of resources including print, media and online information. Family Resource Center staff members are able to bring information to your room if you can’t leave the bedside, or can mail information to your home.
You do not need to be a patient at Cincinnati Children’s to put in a request, and our services are always free. We can help with:
- Customized information packets for health conditions
- Resources in the community (therapeutic recreation, summer programs, disability specific resources and more)
- Parent to parent networks
- School resources
- Support groups
- Parenting and behavioral issues
- Information about child development, safety and well-being
- Resources and information for the Hispanic community
- Mental health information
During Your Stay
While your child is a patient at Cincinnati Children’s, you can visit us for a place to relax and unwind. We are located in Location A, Floor 1, on the main concourse.
Within the center, you can:
- Catch up on work in a private office
- Learn more about your child’s condition
- Access the internet and computers
- Relax by the fireplace
- Read or play a game in the living room
- Enjoy the outdoor patio
Families can now purchase car seats, helmets, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and other home safety items in the Family Resource Center. Safety products can be purchased from 9:30 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Click here to download a detailed list of products available (PDF).