Molecular and Genomic Pathology Services (MGPS) launched pediatric oncology testing in 2021 for the detection of clinically relevant somatic mutations. Employing techniques such as droplet digital PCR and next-generation sequencing, we have the capability to detect genetic alterations at significantly lower levels than other available methods with unparalleled turnaround times for expedited patient care. This testing is especially important for monitoring patients, like those suffering from histiocytosis, in which clinicians have identified the benefit of determining early disease relapse.
The following tests are available:
- CinCSeq Comprehensive Cancer Panel
- CinCSeq Heme Cancer Panel
- HistioTrak: BRAF c.1799T>A p.V600E
Lab Hours and Turnaround Times
The laboratory is staffed Monday – Friday from 4 am to 11 pm with a limited testing schedule on second shift. On Saturday and Sunday the lab is staffed on first shift only from 6:30 am to 3 pm with a limited testing schedule. This schedule may vary depending on the need to batch samples or staffing considerations.
Samples should be shipped for delivery Monday through Friday. Turnaround time is 3-4 business days.
For urgent requests you may call the lab at 513-636-9820 to confirm that testing will be done. Any testing outside of the schedule above should be coordinated through the laboratory director.
- Peripheral blood and bone marrow samples: ship at 4°C in insulated container by overnight courier. Do NOT freeze. Minimum requirement of 4mL.
- FFPE tissue samples: submit 1 H&E-stained slide and 6 unstained slides or paraffin blocks shipped at ambient temperature.
- More information about collection requirements for each test can be found in the Clinical Lab Index.