We respect the right of parents/guardians and adult patients to identify who may visit.
- Up to four primary support persons (i.e., parents, guardians, spouse) may receive 24-hour access. Up to two may stay overnight.
- Up to six individuals (i.e., siblings, family members, friends) may be identified to visit during visiting hours.
- Additional family and friends can share their support by making a video call, sending a free e-greeting card or postal mail, following social media or by calling the Gift Shop or concierge service Best Upon Request.
If the admission is longer than 30 days, you can work with your social worker to substitute names on your visitor list. Your social worker may also consider changes if you initially identify those unable to visit due to, for example, illness, or a special situation.
Sleeping arrangements for those with 24-hour access vary from unit to unit. Rooms have a fold-out bed for at least one person. Please note: No one may sleep on the floor, as this poses a safety risk to you, your loved one and our staff. For help making sleeping arrangements outside of the hospital, please contact Guest Services at 513-636-5009 or toll-free at 888-894-1374.
Visiting hours are 8:30 am–8:30 pm.
- Check in at a Welcome Desk upon arrival for a photo name badge. Visitors age 16 or older will be asked to show a photo ID.
- Be healthy—free from fever, cough or colds, or stomach virus symptoms and living with persons who are also healthy. Visitors can unintentionally spread germs if someone in their household is ill.
- Wash their hands often, especially before and after visiting a patient. During peak times of illness in the community, young children (under age 14) are requested not to visit the intensive care units.
View additional information regarding your visit to Cincinnati Children's