Cincinnati Children’s Complex Obstructive Sleep Apnea Center brings together a team of experts to help your child sleep better. We combine our specialties to create a complete treatment plan that’s personalized for your child’s specific symptoms and condition.
Pediatric obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) syndrome creates breathing problems when a child sleeps. This condition causes the child’s throat to narrow or close during sleep, which means breathing starts and stops. OSA disrupts sleep, which can lead to behavioral problems, learning difficulties or more serious medical issues.
What Sets Us Apart
- We can treat complex OSA or sleep apnea that hasn’t responded to other treatments.
- We take a team approach to treatment that includes ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgeons; sleep physicians; pulmonary experts; plastic surgeons; genetic counselors and dietitians.
- We have 10 pediatric doctors who are board certified in sleep medicine. That group includes three ENT surgeons who specialize in sleep disorders — more than any other pediatric sleep clinic in the country.
- Our surgeons are some of the most experienced in the country. They have performed more than 1,000 ENT surgeries and more than 100 craniofacial surgeries for OSA.
- For patients who can’t travel, we offer telemedicine and virtual visits with the entire Complex Obstructive Sleep Apnea Center team.
- We create treatment plans that not only help your child’s symptoms, but also fit your family’s needs and preferences.
Locations and Directions