Comprehensive Training in the Field of Advanced Pediatric Nutrition
The objective of the Advanced Pediatric Nutrition Fellowship is to provide in depth, evidence-based training in pediatric nutrition, to further optimize the nutritional care delivered to children.
This one-year fellowship is directed toward individuals who have an interest in academic medicine and offers both clinical and research opportunities in clinical nutrition:
- Clinical - Advanced Pediatric Nutrition Fellows are exposed to the breadth of clinical nutrition in both the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Training involves all aspects of clinical care ranging from complex enteral and parenteral nutrition prescriptions to socioeconomic factors affecting nutrition delivery
- Fellows participate in weekly multidisciplinary Advanced Pediatric Nutrition Rounds, attend dedicated Advanced Pediatric Nutrition clinics and also collaborate with the Intestinal Rehabilitation team
- Training occurs in collaboration with professionals of the Nutrition Therapy department at Cincinnati Children's.
- Advanced Pediatric Nutrition fellows also obtain in depth training in the interpretation of key nutritional studies, such as indirect calorimetry (metabolic cart), bioelectrical impedance (BIA) and Dual-energy X-ray Absorptiometry (DXA).
- Trainees are ultimately prepared to take the National Board of Physician Nutrition Specialists upon completion of their fellowship.
- Research – Advanced Pediatric Nutrition Fellows are expected to complete one research project during their fellowship.
- Cincinnati Children's offers an abundance of research and collaboration opportunities
- Academic, biostatistical support, among others, is offered to the fellows during their training
Eligibility to apply
- Completed training (or on track to complete) in advanced ACGME accredited pediatric fellowship OR in general pediatrics
- Pediatric board certification eligibility
How to apply
- Applicant’s CV
- Personal statement describing prior training experience and the purpose of obtaining Advanced Pediatric Nutrition training
- Two letters of recommendation
- Necessary documents should be sent directly to Fellowship Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be accepted until June 15th, 2023.
- Interviews will be conducted in July / August 2023.
- Offers will be made once interviews are complete (end of August 2023).
- Fellowship starts July 2024.
If you have any additional questions, please contact: