The Clinical Informatics Fellowship at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center provides hands-on, real-world experience in the practice of clinical informatics at a large, nationally ranked children's hospital. Fellows will participate in didactics with subject matter experts and have the opportunity to obtain additional training in biomedical informatics, clinical and translational research, and quality improvement through supported coursework. Fellows will spend time embedded with leaders in clinical operations, information systems, quality improvement, and safety as they learn and apply clinical informatics competencies to real world problems.
We are a clinical informatics training program driven to develop the next generation of leaders in the application of information and technology solutions for patient care, quality improvement, safety, and research integrated into a highly collaborative and innovative leading pediatric academic medical center.
- We promote an approach to clinical informatics that is collaborative, interdisciplinary, and clinically integrated.
- We strive to be a training program that is flexible and customizable based on a trainee’s strengths and interests while providing a foundation to become a leader in the field.
- We seek to realize the organizational mission of improving child health outcomes by leveraging information to become a data-driven, reliable learning health system.
- We recognize the critical importance of developing a talented pipeline of trainees in clinical informatics with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and interests.
- We build upon organizational excellence in quality improvement and clinical operations to enhance our training program.