The fellowship is open to physicians who have completed one year of training in a subspecialty. Applications must be submitted by divisional directors after the trainee has completed a portion of the first year of his fellowship training. Fellows must be at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center.
Fellows for this program will be selected on the following criteria:
- The goal to enter academic medicine and pursue an independent research career in their subspecialty area.
- Clinical and academic performance during their residency and fellowship training.
To apply to the program, the following are required before interviews by the selection committee:
- A curriculum vitae to include undergraduate, medical school, postgraduate training, research experience, honors and awards and publications.
- A letter of support from the divisional director of the relevant subspecialty program providing assurance that clinical duties will not require more than 20 percent of the applicant’s time and support tuition for the 2nd year of the program.
- Letters of recommendation from two other individuals who are familiar with the candidate’s academic potential and career plans.
- A brief description, no longer than two pages, describing the applicant’s career goals and type of training needed to attain those goals.
Download a brochure with information about the program and a Clinical Research Fellowship Checklist for application.
Mail applications and supporting documents in paper and electronic format by Feb. 1 for the program in June to:
James E. Heubi, MD
Professor and Associate Chair for Clinical Research of Pediatrics
Associate Dean for Clinical Research
Director Center for Clinical and Translational Science and Training (CCTST)
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
Children's Hospital Medical Center
3333 Burnet Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45229
Phone: 513-636-8046; Fax: 513-803-1039