Benefits and Resources to Support You and Your Family
At Cincinnati Children’s, we believe in nurturing employees’ lives, as well as their careers. Our benefits equal or surpass other hospitals in the region and we’re proud to offer one of the best working environments in our field.
Our benefits help you manage your health, protect you if you are unable to work, help you further your education, and prepare for retirement.
Medical coverage begins on your first day of work. Cincinnati Children's offers three comprehensive medical plans at varying coverage levels and costs.
- All plans include discounts on fees and low or no coinsurance for Cincinnati Children's providers
- We welcome spouses and dependents on the plan and there are no surcharges if other coverage is available
- All medical plans offer physical, occupational, speech and ABA therapy with no visit limits
- All medical plans offer fertility benefits through Progyny, a best in class fertility benefit solution
Health Savings Account
For employees enrolled in Cincinnati Children’s high deductible medical plans, we offer Health Savings Accounts through HealthEquity, the nation's #1 HSA administrator. For employees enrolled in the HSA Advantage medical plan, Cincinnati Children's makes an employer contribution to the account four times per year.
Dependent Care Accounts
Dependent Care Accounts allow you to set aside pre-tax money that can be used for eligible childcare expenses.
We offer two dental plans with varying coverage levels. Both plans are through Delta Dental of Ohio, which features the nation’s largest dental network.
We offer a vision plan with generous coverage for eye exams, glasses and contact lenses.
At Cincinnati Children’s, our employees give their best to support our patients and families. The work they do is vital, but so is their wellbeing. We offer a wide variety of resources and programs to support all aspects of wellbeing – emotional, family, physical, recognition and social, and financial.
- Physical Wellbeing: Stay Healthy for You and Your Loved Ones - Those who dedicate their lives to caring for others often don’t take the same good care of themselves. That’s why Cincinnati Children’s is so committed to supporting our employees' physical wellbeing needs. In addition to competitive healthcare benefits that offer peace of mind when they need care, we offer a range of programs to help our employees stay happy, healthy, and feel their best, including: personal health coaching, digital weight loss programs, and health / fitness discounts.
- Emotional Wellbeing: Keep Living Your Best - Support for mental health has never been more important. Cincinnati Children’s offers a variety of resources to support our employees and their families’ unique emotional wellbeing needs, including: a free premium subscription to the Calm app, free and confidential mental health counseling, in-house mental health clinicians, and our "peer2peer" support group.
- Family Wellbeing: Support Across Life Stages - From just starting a family, to putting kids through college or caring for aging parents, Cincinnati Children’s is committed to supporting our employees and their families as they grow in their career and move through life. Programs include: subsidized backup care for children and adult loved ones, robust fertility benefits, parenting, and ongoing support with caregiving coaches.
- Financial Wellbeing: We Help You Grow Your Future - Through our generous retirement savings vehicles and financial sessions, to individual consultations that our employees can schedule with experts, our employees have the freedom to create a personalized path toward financial success. Academic advising and generous financial tuition reimbursement supports our employees’ career growth. Through our CollegeBound 529 plan, employees can save for their child’s education – tax-free and worry-free.
- Recognition and Social Wellbeing: Feel Valued and Connected at Cincinnati Children’s - Cincinnati Children’s strives to create and cultivate a culture of caring, engagement, and recognition across the organization. Employees and their family can join fellow colleagues at community outings, like baseball games. Cincinnati Children’s also recognizes long-term employees at our annual Service Anniversary event.
Eligible employees automatically participate in one of two retirement plans: a defined benefit (DB) pension plan or a defined contribution (DC) retirement plan. Cincinnati Children's pays 100 percent of the cost for providing both plans and employees become vested in retirement benefits within as few as three years, if they have 1,000 or more paid hours in each year. A 403B plan is also available to help employees supplement their retirement in addition to what Cincinnati Children's provides for their pension.
Cincinnati Children’s offers additional insurance plans to help with your diverse family needs. Plans include: hospital indemnity, accident, critical illness insurance and supplemental life insurance options. We also provide options for identify theft protection, legal insurance and pet insurance.
- Short Term Disability: Eligible employees will receive 100% of their pay for an approved medical leave up to 6 weeks, followed by 80% of their pay for the remaining leave
- Parental Leave Program: Eligible employees will receive 2 weeks of paid leave for the birth or an adoption of a child
Cincinnati Children's has partnered with Guild, an education assistance provider that offers programs that are funded upfront (certain limits apply), allowing employees to pursue further education without having to seek reimbursement. Employees are eligible to participate on their first day of hire.