Program Focus and Curriculum
To train physicians and other healthcare professionals to meet their career goals through rigorous, flexible, online learning focused on developing educators, scholars, and leaders in medical education.
To develop effective medical educators, scholars, and leaders, the master of education curriculum is focused on teaching and learning and on educational research. The program includes two culminating experiences that pull together what students learn into an educator e-portfolio and an educational research project.
Core Teaching and Learning:
- Curriculum development and evaluation
- Attitude formation and change
- Human and adult learning
- Instructional design and technology
- Quantitative data analysis/statistics
- Qualitative research
- Measurement and assessment
- Practicum with e-portfolio, career and leadership development
- Final master’s research project