Nursing Student Summer Extern Program
Our newly designed summer student extern program is a 10-week paid program offered during the summer months to nursing students interested in exploring a career in pediatric nursing. Summer externs will benefit from a mix of classroom, simulation and hands on experience.
This is a temporary position from May 28 - August 2, 2024. You must be available to work 32 hours/week for the entire 10 weeks. Additionally, you may be required to work nights and weekends.
Cincinnati Children’s has committed to a Five Year Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion strategic plan. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited RN program
- Completed at least one hospital based clinical rotation
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Recommendation from faculty
- Must have completed junior year if attending a BSN program or completed first year in ADN program Compliance with all pre- employment requirements including fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- Pediatric growth and development
- Body system assessment
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Medication calculations
- Critical thinking
- Resume writing and interview skills
- Earn money while you learn new skills
- Increase opportunity for employment after graduation
- Develop organization and critical thinking skills
- Increase your professional confidence
- Utilize and receive real time feedback on skills learned in school
- 1:1 Precepting
- Applications available: December 11, 2023
- Applications will be accepted until saturation has been met.
- Internal candidates can click here to apply. External candidates can click here to apply.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to interview, either virtually or in person, by January 12, 2024.
- Offers made February 23, 2024
For questions, please email email@example.com