Participants in the PAPA Program at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center require a special activity certificate from the State Medical Board of Ohio and credentials at Cincinnati Children’s. To ensure the timely completion of your certificate, it will be necessary to complete the program application two months before your arrival date. Our staff will assist you with this process.
If you would like to apply to the PAPA Program, please email your CV to our medical staff office.
To complete the PAPA Program application, you will need:
- Three passport-size photographs, taken within the last six months
- A copy of your medical school diploma (official certified translation if not in English)
- A copy of your training certificate or letter from your program director indicating you have completed 12 / 24 months of approved graduate medical education in the United States
- Photocopies of all appropriate legal documents authorizing all name changes, if appropriate
- A copy of your current, unrestricted license or other document certifying the right to practice medicine and surgery issued by another state or country
- A copy of your ECFMG certificate, if trained outside the United States
The fee for the PAPA Program is $5,000 per week. This fee includes the cost of licensure, hospital credentials and scheduled meals. It does not include the cost of housing, transportation and other incidental expenses.
Cancellations must be received 30 calendar days in advance of the scheduled program to receive a refund less a $200 processing fee. Cancellations within 30 calendar days will be refunded at 50 percent of the enrollment fee.
Cincinnati Children’s will take those steps required so that no individual with a disability is excluded or denied services because of the absence of ancillary aids or services identified in the Americans with Disabilities Act. Please contact the Office of Continuing Medical Education at 513-636-6732 at least 72 hours before your arrival with any special requests.