- Your child should stop eating eight hours before the test. They should not drink anything, except for water, eight hours before the test.
- You will need to reschedule the test if your child ate within eight hours before the MMTT.
- To reschedule this test, call 513-636-6907.
- Have your child wear comfortable clothes on the day of the test.
- You may bring an item of comfort such as a doll, blanket or stuffed animal with you.
Your doctor may order a similar test called a pancreatic mixed meal tolerance test (PMMTT). In this case, if your child takes pancreatic enzymes with meals, bring the enzymes with you to take before the test. Otherwise, follow all steps as listed here for the mixed meal tolerance test.