Saturday, August 11, 2018
It’s time for adults with congenital heart disease to have a day of their own! Adult survivors of CHD are invited to join us on Saturday, August 11 at Camp Joy for a day of activities, learning and education sessions with staff from Cincinnati Children’s Heart Institute.
About ACHD Camp
Patients ages 18 and up are encouraged to join us for a day away from the real world to meet other patients, try something new and just have fun! This event will encompass the Adult CHD Survivors’ motto — Encourage, Educate, and Empower — by giving the ACHD patient population a day of their own to celebrate life. This is a can-do event, where patients of all abilities can come together to socialize, share their story and learn from each other.
The Adult CHD Survivors of Cincinnati is a peer-based support and educational program made up of adult CHD patients and dedicated medical staff. The program motto is “Encourage, Educate and Empower.” Through a partnership with the Children’s Heart Association of Cincinnati, this group is hosting the third annual Adult Congenital Heart Disease (ACHD) Day at Camp Joy.
7:30am Sign-in opens
- 8:00am Camp begins
- 4:00pm Camp ends
What to Expect
- Thanks to our wonderful sponsor, Children’s Heart Association of Cincinnati, ACHD Camp is FREE!
- Opportunity to participate in a variety of activities, including a ropes course, rock wall climbing, hiking, archery, canoeing and much more!
- Educational breakout sessions with Cincinnati Children's Heart Institute staff
- Continental breakfast and lunch
- Water and snacks available throughout the day
- Onsite medical staff and first aid equipment
- Swag bag
10117 Old 3-C Highway
Clarksville, OH 45113