The Anderson Center Learning Networks Core helps to build and support sustainable collaborative networks that measurably improve health outcomes. Learning Networks are based on the vision of the Institute of Medicine Learning Health System where patients, families, clinicians and scientists work together and use data for clinical care, improvement and research. The American Board of Pediatrics considers Learning Networks the best way to achieve population outcomes at scale.
The Learning Networks Core offers expert training, tools and services to help others start networks and to accelerate the pace of improvement in existing networks.
Learning Networks are multisite, practice-based clinical networks that use data for research and improvement. These networks involve collaborations among engaged patients and families, multidisciplinary teams of clinicians and staff, scientists and communities. Learning Networks span a broad reach of conditions, settings and geographic locations and drive the spread of evidence and innovation.
Watch this webinar on The Power of Learning Networks.
Focus on Outcomes
Networks are particularly important in pediatrics because of the limitations posed by having small numbers of patients at any one site. Learning Networks combine data and ideas across multiple sites and engage patients, families, clinicians and scientists in co-producing measurably improved outcomes.
Learn more about active and emerging Learning Networks.
Benefits of Learning Networks
- Accelerate improvement, discovery and innovation
- Be part of the best model for achieving measurably improved outcomes for patients and families
- Decrease the time to achieve standardized care
- Be part of a community of patients, families, clinical colleagues and scientists that are changing the outcome
- Use data to drive improvement
- Identify opportunities to provide Maintenance of Certification (MOC) and U.S. News & World Report credit
- Increase efficiency by gaining access to a common repository of knowledge and best practices
- Build quality improvement capability for network leadership through QI training
- Generate new knowledge