The Rubinstein Library at Cincinnati Children's is the place for families to turn for extensive health-related information on developmental and behavioral issues and related children’s health conditions.
We are a free service open to parents, patients, staff, professionals, trainees, students and the community. Accurate, up-to-date information is available for staff in our research library and in easy-to-understand language in our parent library. We have trained staff available to help you.
We have a toy library that provides a variety of educational toys and software to help develop skills such as pre-reading, hand-eye coordination and large and fine motor skills. We also provide switch-adapted toys for children with disabilities such as vision impairment, coordination problems, attention issues and developmental disabilities.
The Rubinstein Library is located in the Division of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics.
Our Personalized Services
We can help you find the information you need through:
- Computer literature searching
- Interlibrary loans
- Access to online resources, books, brochures, professional journals, videos, CDs and DVDs
- Developmental and switch-adapted toys
- Bibliotherapy books for children
- Comprehensive reprint collection of medical information
- Assistive technology software and equipment for demonstration or use in the library