I am a statistician working to develop and apply statistical methods to accelerate the translational impact of biomedical data. I became interested in this work through collaborations with researchers who had projects of overlapping interests. I have more than 10 years of statistical research and consulting experience in pediatric biomedical research areas. I have provided statistical support for numerous observational and intervention studies, and I have a history of successful collaboration with both clinical and basic science investigators. My methodology and collaborative research areas include statistical genetics, design and analysis of pediatric population pharmacokinetic studies, cancer prevention behaviors and sexually transmitted infections in adolescents, HPV vaccination and its impact on the epidemiology of HPV, and pain management in pediatric populations.
Some of my groundbreaking discoveries include:
- Studying different measures of marker informativeness for ancestry and admixture mapping
- Rank-based analysis of multiple genome-wide association studies (GWAS) of childhood asthma among human populations
- Identifying the association between African ancestry and cluster-based childhood asthma subphenotypes
I am honored to have received many awards, including:
- Young Investigator Award (co-author, oral presentation), SPA/AAP Pediatric Anesthesiology meeting Phoenix, AZ, (2018)
- First place winner (co-author), International Conference of Perianesthesia Nurses (ICPAN), Luna Park, Sydney, Australia (2017)
- First prize winner (co-author) of the American Academy of Pediatrics John J. Downes Resident Research Award, Society for Pediatric Anesthesia/American Academy of Pediatrics (SPA/AAP) Pediatric Anesthesiology (2013)
- First place Abstract Award (co-author) International Assembly for Pediatric Anesthesia, Washington DC (2012)
I have co-authored more than 70 peer-reviewed publications and over 80 abstracts. I’m a review editor for Frontiers in Genetics and a reviewer for many other scholarly journals. I have been a presenter at national and international conferences. I also served as a co-investigator and biostatistician for several National Institutes of Health (NIH) grants. I started working at Cincinnati Children’s in 2010.
Bayesian statistics; statistical genetics; population PK/PD study design and modeling
Associate Professor, UC Department of Pediatrics
Biostatistics and Epidemiology