Our fellowship program is designed to help you succeed in your career path, whether it is as a physician, researcher, clinician researcher, administrator, or teacher. Our alumni go on to do great work in pediatric medicine in Allergy / Immunology at Cincinnati Children’s and all around the world. Below is a spotlight on an alumni from our fellowship program.
- Name: Patricia C. Fulkerson, MD, PhD
- Program: Allergy and Immunology
- Mentor: Marc E. Rothenberg, MD, PhD
- Fellowship Dates: 2010-2012
- Awards: ARTrust Faculty Development Award (2013), AAI-Life Technologies Trainee Achievement Award (2011), Thomas F. Boat, M.D. Pediatric Pulmonary Award (2010) , Best Abstract Award (4th Biennial Congress of the International Eosinophil Society) (2005), Student Scholarship Award (Chemotactic Cytokines, Gordon Research Conference) (2004), Serono Ian-Clark Lewis Memorial Award (Best Short Talk, Chomokines & Chemokine Receptors, Keystone Symposia) (2003), Student Scholarship Award (Chemokines & Chemokine Receptors, Keystone Symposia) (2003), Physician Scientist Training Program Scholar Award (1999)
- Publications: Over 50 journal article publications, including 2 chapters for Allergy and Immunology textbooks
- Current Position: National Institutes of Health
- Education: Dr. Fulkerson is a 2007 graduate of the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine’s Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP).
- Additional Info: Dr. Fulkerson was an Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Division of Allergy and Immunology, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital and had obtained several funding opportunities (e.g., K08, Research Innovation Pilot Funding grant, ARTrust Faculty Development Award, R01) prior to joining the National Institutes of Health.