The Psychology Fellowship Training Program uses a common application process for all focus areas and available positions. Please note, we are not participants in the APPIC common application or uniform notification date.
Candidates must have completed all doctoral degree requirements by the start of fellowship. Applicants who have not completed their dissertations at the time of application are required to provide a letter from their advisers stating the expected completion date, and this date must occur before the start of the fellowship.
All candidates should be from a graduate program in clinical, counseling or school psychology, approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) and must be from an APA-approved internship program. Experience with children is a must.
Application Deadline: January 4, 2021
- Friday, January 15, 2021
- Tuesday, January 19, 2021
- Wednesday, January 20, 2021
- Wednesday, January 27, 2021
- Friday, January 29, 2021
Start Dates: Between July and September 2021
Documents You'll Need
To aid in preparation of your application, you are asked to provide a number of your own documents, in addition to our required forms. These will include:
- A cover letter detailing which focus area(s) you are applying for and a description of your career goals
- Your curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation that come directly from the letter writer
- Letters must be on their institution's letterhead, signed and dated
- Letters must be sent directly to Denisse Herrera Delgado at email@example.com as an email attachment
- Subject line should read: Fellow Recommendation_YOUR NAME (i.e., Fellow Recommendation_Jane Doe)
- Your official graduate school transcript should be emailed to Denisse Herrera Delgado at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Denisse Herrera Delgado, CCHMC-MLC 7039, 3333 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45229
- For Neuropsychology applicants only:
- Two sample neuropsychological reports
- APPCN Verification of Completion of Doctorate form
- Once you active your account, you will receive a login code. Please save your login code so you are able to log in and out as needed.
- Within your application there is a downloadable form that you are required to complete for our Graduate Medical Education Office as an application for a "Clinical Fellowship". This form can be confusing, as it refers to a medical model of education. Please list your graduate school program and internship within the Medical School and Residency sections. Mark sections as non-applicable when appropriate.
For questions about the application process, please contact our Psychology Fellowship Coordinator Denisse Herrera Delgado at email@example.com or the Co-Directors of Psychology Fellowship Training Meg Zeller at firstname.lastname@example.org and Stephen Becker at email@example.com.
Verification of PhD: Prior to the first day of the fellowship, the fellow must bring a diploma or a letter from the director of graduate studies verifying completion of all degree requirements pending the granting institution’s graduation ceremony.
Pre-Employment Testing: Tuberculosis (TB) testing and verification of up-to-date immunizations are a requirement for employment at Cincinnati Children’s. Cincinnati Children’s is a drug-free and smoke-free environment. All new employees are required to submit to a drug urine screen prior to hiring. Cincinnati Children’s also conducts a criminal records check on all final candidates for employment, as required by Ohio state law.
Contract, Stipends and Benefits
You can view an example of our current Psychology Fellowship contract here. For two-year fellowships, the decision to continue the fellowship for a second year is finalized in December of the first year.
Historically, stipends for Psychology Fellows have been consistent with NIH NRSA stipend levels. Cincinnati Children's Psychology Fellowship stipend levels for the 2021-2022 training year are not yet released, but will be consistent with standards dictated by the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Cincinnati Children’s offers several health insurance plans from which to choose; all require minimal financial contribution from the fellow. Fellows have 15 days a year of vacation and 8 pre-set holidays in addition to sick leave. Additional leave is granted for workshop or conference attendance as deemed appropriate by fellowship mentor(s).