Contact / Apply
In accordance with Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) guidelines, the two-year Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship at Cincinnati Children's may be initiated immediately following, or at any point beyond, the PGY-1 level in the psychiatry residency sequence.
Training in child and adolescent psychiatry can occur either after completion of the final (PGY-4) year of a general psychiatry residency program or combined program including general psychiatry, or as a “fast track” following the PGY-3 year of a general psychiatry residency program. For trainees in the Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center Child and Adolescent Psychiatry training program, fast tracking to begin training for the PGY-4 year is more common.
Applicants for child and adolescent psychiatry training at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center submit the following materials:
- A current CV that includes months or years of educational training or employment experience
- A copy of your medical school transcript and dean’s letter
- Personal statement
- Reference letters from at least three faculty members you have worked with in your current residency program (one letter must be from your program director)
- USMLE Scores
- Medical School Diploma
- Recent Photo
- If applicable: ECFMG, Comlex, J-1 Visa
- Training documentation form (to be filled out by current residency training director)
The Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Residency Training Program at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center has filled its positions for trainees who will begin subspecialty training in July 2023 and is not accepting applications for the 2022-2023 recruitment cycle. We will next accept applications in 2023 for trainees to begin training in July 2024.
For more information, contact: